- Hosting an ARK Server
- Best Ark Server Hosting Essentials
- Best Ark: Survivor Server Hosting Providers Overview
- AS Hosting Review — Ark Server Hosting
- Nitrous Networks Review — Ark Server Hosting
- Server Blend Review — Ark Server Hosting
- ArkServers.io Review — Ark Server Hosting
- Host Havoc Review — Dedicated Server
- LOW.MS Review — Dedicated Server
- Ping Perfect Review — Dedicated Server
- GTX Gaming Review — Dedicated Server
- Streamline Servers Review — Dedicated Server
- AGS Hosting Review — Dedicated Server
Best ARK: Survival Evolved Server Hosting 2020
- AS Hosting — Starting at $0.40/ Slot
- Nitrous Networks — Starting at $1.03/ Slot
- ServerBlend — Starting at $0.50/ Slot
- ArkServers.io — Starting at $0.27/ Slot
- Host Havoc — Starting at $0.50/ Slot
- LOW.MS — Starting at $0.76/ Slot
- Ping Perfect — Starting at $0.62/ Slot
- GTX Gaming — Starting at $0.35/ Slot
- Streamline Servers — Starting at $0.75/ Slot
- AGS Hosting — Starting at $0.50/ Slot
OUR EDITORS INDEPENDENTLY RESEARCH, SELECT, AND RECOMMEND THE BEST PRODUCTS FOR REVIEW. AT TIMES (AND AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU), WE MAY RECEIVE COMMISSIONS ON PURCHASES MADE THROUGH OUR CHOSEN LINKS. WE WILL ONLY EVER PROMOTE THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT WE TRUST AND 100% RECOMMEND. YOU MAY READ OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFORMATION.
|Host Company||Pilot Trust Rating||Server Locations||System||Capacity||Price||Customer Support||Purchase|
Ark Survival: Evolved is an action-adventure based video game developed by Studio Wildcard, in collaboration with Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, and Virtual Basement. While many people play without the use of a hosting company, many find it a necessary tool in Ark Survival: Evolved. Renting a server exposes many perks such as being able to change your location on the maps, allowing you to download mods, offering additional storage, etc. But perhaps the biggest perk to renting a dedicated server is that it will enable you to play alongside your friends, on your private map in multiplayer.
Hosting an ARK Server
The first step towards playing ARK with friends for inexperienced players is often merely to open your universe, as a non-dedicated server. If you are expecting to maintain the performance, you will need a platform with the specs to support that. You will also have to put up with annoying tether restrictions which will require players to maintain within a certain distance of each other. Some may choose to host their own ARK server on their PC. However, this reveals many downsides. This can cause lagged game speed and complicated forwarding of files. You’re also forced to leave your platform running if your friends wish to play while you are gone. Many choose to use shared game server hosting. This allows you to rent space on a bigger, shared server, giving you inexpensive access to an established and network that is easy to navigate.
Best Ark Server Hosting Essentials
Your Platform: PC, MAC, Xbox or PS4
First and foremost, your game hosting company has to support your platform. It is not possible to play ARK on one platform and then join a server that is meant for another. Luckily there is a company for everyone. Some companies even offer crossplay. This allows Xbox users to play on the same server as Windows 10 UWP users. Make sure to check what platforms are supported before you commit to a server hosting company.
Server Locations: Local or Global
If you are planning to play with local friends or friends from across the globe, it will make a difference in choosing your server hosting company. If you are playing locally, you will want to choose a company that offers servers as close to your location as possible. This will prevent high ping rates, that could decrease game-play quality. However, if you are playing with friends across the map, you can look into companies that offer various locations. Finding a central location is essential for global ARK gaming. It will ensure fair and high-quality game-play for all of your friends by keeping latency low.
Slots: 10, 20, 30, or more?
When choosing a company, make sure it can provide what you need now or what you might want later. The number of slots you have will determine how many people can join. Many companies offer lower rates per slot depending on how many you buy. This means more bang for your buck. However, if you are planning to play with a small community of local gamers or a large online community, it will determine if this makes a difference for you.
Ping latency refers to the time it takes your platform to collect data and send the data to the gaming server, and then back to your platform. Latency is measured in “ping.” Ping speed is more important for certain kinds of games than are download and upload speeds. Your ping rate (or latency) is less linked to your Internet connection velocity and more linked to game server distance.
Having a “high ping” can result in reduced game-play experience by causing lag or in severe cases, causing the platform to disconnect. Luckily many server hosting sites offer low ping rates to improve your gaming experience.
DLC and Mods
A lot of hosting servers offer access to maps and other DLC’s. But this is provided in various ways which can make a difference in your experience. Some hosting companies provide an easy to reach menu of maps and other downloadable content. Other companies require you to configure your map using a command line manager, while other companies provide expansions and custom maps. So before you choose a company, make sure to decide what you want.
Your control panel will make a difference in your ARK Survival gaming experience right from the start. You will use your control panel to back-up your worlds, install mods, enable cheats, and change configuration files. Most companies will offer a simple TCAdmin control panel. For a private server with just your friends, this is all you’ll need. It is natural and easy to use. Some companies offer options and more customizable control panels. This can assist in server management by allowing you to plan tasks, and in-server messages as well as manage more than one server.
Your control panel should provide the choice to backup or restore your world as needed. Your host should offer regular, scheduled updates, or ideally, a backup every-time you restart.
Best Ark: Survivor Server Hosting Providers Overview
AS Hosting Review — Ark Server Hosting
- Fast Game Server Setup. After you purchase from AS Hosting, you are ready to go. It will typically only take around 15 minutes before you are up and running.
- Cross Travel Cloud System. This cloud cross travel system allows you to link multiple servers regardless of GEO location.
- Mass Mod Install. This feature allows you to install multiple mods at the same time. This means less waiting and more playing.
- Automatic Server Restarts. You have the option for your server to automatically restart and also schedule it to repeat whenever you choose.
- Swap Locations at Any Time. If you do not want to host at your current location, you can request to migrate to another.
- All ARK DLC Supported After purchasing ASHosting you can open a support ticket and ask to migrate your server from your old host to ASHosting.
- Community Discord Access. You are given an invitation to one of the most used and well-liked hosting communities when you buy a server.
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. ASHosting offers a 14 day Money Back Refund policy with all new server orders.
Nitrous Networks Review — Ark Server Hosting
- Solid State Drive (SSD) Storage. Nitrous uses the newest and fastest technology available.
- DDoS Protection. All games servers are secured from a variety of DDoS attacks using global filtering PoPs.
- Instant Setup. You’ll be ready to play immediately after the purchase of a server.
- Premium Connectivity. They use the fastest and highest quality network hardware in order to provide low latency and a stable connection in order to ensure you get the best possible experience.
- Simple Billing. You are not restricted to any contracts, you have multiple payment options, and you can pay monthly, quarterly or semi-annually with the option to cancel whenever. Zero risks whatsoever.
- Easy Management. All game servers use the industry-leading TCAdmin control panel.
Server Blend Review — Ark Server Hosting
- Instant Setup. You will be ready to play in minutes.
- Play Risk-Free. If you are dissatisfied with Server Blend, you can cancel your subscription and stop payment at any time.
- 24/7 Technical Support. Server Blend offers exceptional 24/7 technical support.
- DDoS Protection. All games servers are secured from a variety of DDoS attacks using global filtering PoPs.
- DLC and Mods. Server Blend offers official and modified maps.
- ARK Server Clustering Supported. Easily install more than one server and cross characters, dings, and items between them.
- Easy Setup. Server Blend offers easy setup with server setting editor.
ArkServers.io Review — Ark Server Hosting
- Tons of Settings. There are over 100 game settings that you have access to through the control panel.
- Easy to Install Mods. Easy to install mods and custom maps.
- Cluster Servers. Easily install more than one server and cross characters, dings, and items between them.
- PC/Mac Only. This hosting server is not available for Xbox or PS4 servers, but it works great for PC and Mac.
- Free 8 Hour Trial. You can try this server for 8 hours before you enter any credit card information.
- Instant Setup. After payment is received, your server will be up and running in minutes.
- Guaranteed CPU. ARKservers monitor all the servers on their platform to ensure you always have enough CPU.
- Low Ping Times. This ensures your experience will be lag-free.
- Money-Back Guarantee. If you are not happy, you will have your money back within 24hours.
- Fast Support. ARKServers ensures the best quality of customer service. You are guaranteed fast support, so there is minimal downtime in your gaming experience.
Host Havoc Review — Dedicated Server
- Powerful Control Panel. Host Havoc offers a widely customizable TCAdmin control interface. You have complete control over your service.
- Worldwide Locations. Choose from Host Havoc’s list of locations scattered across the globe. If you are unhappy with your current location, they will easily transfer it at any time.
- DDoS Protection. All Host Havoc’s networks are DDoS protected using the best possible bandwidth to ensure quality game time and performance.
- Instant Setup. Depending on the games file size, you will be up and running within minutes.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you are unhappy with you Host Havoc server within 72 hours of purchase, you will be fully refunded.
LOW.MS Review — Dedicated Server
- Worldwide Locations. Server locations are offered across the United States, the United Kingdom, or Germany.
- Payment Options. You can choose to pay monthly or save money by paying for quarterly, semi-annually, or annually. They also offer a secure payment method.
- DDoS Protection. Low.ms network is protected from attacks at minimum 10 Gbps, ensuring the server is always fully defended.
- Performance Hardware. All of their servers are hosted on up-to-date hardware, including Intel E3 and i7, DDR4 RAM and SSDs.
- Full FTP Access. Advanced users can access saved files to migrate from their local hosted server with an FTP client, or to maintain their own backups.
Ping Perfect Review — Dedicated Server
- Instant Server Setup. Ping Perfects systems are automatic, and installation of your server will be started immediately after purchase.
- Money-Back Guarantee. If you aren’t pleased with your server, let Ping Perfect know within 24 hours for your money-back guarantee.
- Customer Support. PingPerfect has a committees support team prepared to assist and to answer all of your support requests.
- Global Locations. As a global game server rental supplier, we have our servers in most of the worlds finest data centers and are therefore able to deliver our services to gamers anywhere.
- Your Game Panel. Our server hosting provides an easy-to-use game board with simple setup choices and intuitive choices and intuitive design.
- FTP/File Browser. Our servers provide complete FTP and file browser protocol access. Using your favorite FTP and browser programs, you can use these to transfer files to your game server in actual time.
- Game Switching. The server hosting comes with an easy-to-use game switching facility, so you can readily alter it if you want to have a specific game.
GTX Gaming Review — Dedicated Server
- No Memory Limits. Many other businesses charge for additional memory/RAM. For our game servers, GTX has never restricted memory at GTX.
- 24/7/ Support. Our support is always open, day or night, government holidays, weekends, the support staff at GTXGaming are there to answer any of your queries.
- Game Switching. With a few clicks you can, you can modify your server. Switch to any game at any time.
- Global locations. GTXGaming is a global company covering the United States, Canada, Russia, Sweden, Malaysia, Australia, France, England, Spain, and Germany.
- Offsite backup. Every day we create complete backups of your server, they are downloaded to an offsite server, and for additional safety, we maintain a mirrored copy. With GTX, you’ll never lose information.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you are dissatisfied with GTX’s services within 24 hours of purchase, for any reason, they will reimburse you.
- Cross Travel. Full assistance for cross travel. Link Infinite servers, host more maps or mods and travel with your dinos and gear between them
- DDoS Protection. All of our GTX’s data centers have DDoS protection at an enterprise stage. Always online servers.
Streamline Servers Review — Dedicated Server
- Instant Installation. Your service will be mounted in minutes. Be prepared to play after your order is placed and payment verified.
- Low Ping Servers. Our internationally known network, built by gamers for gamers, offers lag-free gaming for all players.
- Server Modding. We are presently offering a one-click installation system. Simply install any mod manager add-ons.
- Control Panel. Our control panel provides end-users full control over their servers with its versatile design and robust characteristics.
- Global Locations. Network locations are offered in the following international locations: North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Oceania, and Asia.
AGS Hosting Review — Dedicated Server
- 14-Day Money Back Guarantee. AGS Hosting offers the longest money-back guarantee of any server hosting company.
- All Maps Supported. They support all formal and unofficial Ark maps. They will add it instantly if a new one is published.
- Clustered Server Support. You can cluster as many servers as the server allows in the same location, just open a support ticket once you order the Ark servers you need.
- Mirrored offsite backups. Their backup scheme maintains a local backup and one copy uploaded to their offsite server. You will never lose any of your AGS data.
- Automatic mod download. AGS hosting has an incredible mod downloader, coded from the ground up with a single click to update all your mods.
- DDoS Protection. All of their locations are protected by DDoS, most of which are layer 5 protection which is the maximum any host can get.
- Supreme Hardware. AGS uses only the best and latest hardware, including NVME, I7 5Ghz, and 10 GB networks.