What is the best whole house humidifier? While you may want a humidifier that is capable of humidifying your entire home, we’ve discovered that portability and practicality are equally important to most end-users. Rather than review the top commercial-grade humidifier systems (these require custom installation, and typically cost more than most users are willing to pay), we’d decided to review the best portable humidifiers that are powerful enough for your entire home.
With that said, let’s dive in!
Best Whole House Humidifier August 2019
- APRILAIRE 600 Whole House Furnace Humidifier
- AIRCARE EA1201 Whole Home Console Evaporative Humidifier
- AIRCARE H12600 Digital Whole-House Evaporative Humidifier
- AIRCARE 4DTS 900 Whole House Evaporative Humidifier
- AIRCARE EP9 800 Digital Whole-House Evaporative Humidifier
OUR EDITORS INDEPENDENTLY RESEARCH, SELECT, AND RECOMMEND THE BEST PRODUCTS FOR REVIEW. AT TIMES (AND AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU), WE MAY RECEIVE COMMISSIONS ON PURCHASES MADE THROUGH OUR CHOSEN LINKS. WE WILL ONLY EVER PROMOTE THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT WE TRUST AND 100% RECOMMEND. YOU MAY READ OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- Purchase with Confidence — Aprilaire is the inventor of the whole-home evaporative humidifier. They are the leading name in indoor air quality solutions.
- 4000 SqFt Capacity — This model is capable of servicing up to 4000 sqft, with a tank capacity of 17 gallons per day.
- Automatic Sensor-Control — With dual sensors that monitor and respond to both outdoor temperature and indoor relative humidity, this system provides optimal humidity levels 24/7. Just set your desired humidity level, and forget it.
- Convenient Digital Monitor — The digital monitor displays percent humidity, system status, and several system controls. The blower activation switch allows the system to run either independently or in sync with the furnace.
- Whole-Home Humidifier Health Benefits — Aprilaire whole-house humidifiers help maintain optimum levels of humidity in your home (35%-45%). This has been shown to reduce the formation of harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, and dust mites, helping to reduce respiratory infections and allergy/asthma symptoms.
- 2400 SqFt Capacity — This model is capable of humidifying homes up to 2,400 sqft.
- 3.5-gallon Water Capacity — This unit has a total water capacity of 3.5-gallons, and is capable of a 7.5-gallon daily output.
- Complete Electronic Controls — The unit features electronic controls that allow you to monitor both speed and humidity levels simultaneously. It also shuts itself off when the desired humidity levels are achieved or when the water tank is empty.
- Zero White Dust — The super-wick traps all minerals and impurities in the water reservoir, ensuring 100% clean evaporated moisture to any area, up to 2,400 sqft of coverage.
- 3,700 SqFt Capacity — This unit is capable of humidifying homes, up to an area of 3,700 SqFt.
- 5.4-gallon Tank Capacity — This unit has a tank capacity of 5.4 gallons, and is capable of dispersing 11.9 gallons of water per day
- No White Dust — The evaporative system uses natural humidity, so there’s no white dust
- Custom Controls — Exclusive comfort sensor humidistat; 4-speed fan
- Manufacturer’s Warranty — 2-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- 3,600 SqFt Capacity — This unit is capable of humidifying a home up to 3,600 sqft
- 5.7-Gallon Water Capacity — This unit features a 5.7-gallon water tank and disperses 11.5 gallons per day.
- Built-in Features — Built-in hygrometer and automatic humidistat, allowing you to set your desired humidity level with precise accuracy
- Digital Touch Screen — The unit has a digital touch screen control panel
- Automated System — The unit has an automatic control, allowing the system to run on autopilot and shut off when the unit is empty
- 2,400 SqFt Capacity — This pedestal-style humidifier is capable of humidifying an entire home, up to 2,400 SqFt
- Digital Humidistat Control — The digital humidistat automatically maintains the pre-set humidity level. No monitoring required.
- Digital Display — The digital readout displays current humidity levels, desired humidity levels, and fan speed.
- 9-Speed Fan — The 9-speed fan allows you to customize humidity diffusion
- Auto Shut-Off — The unit monitors water levels and shuts itself off when its water reservoir is emptied